This post has been auto-scheduled to appear on my blog. I’m not here posting it, because I am on a beach (or possibly by the pool, in a cabana, or napping in a comfy hotel bed). And you know what? This is a good thing for my work and well-being. Some awesome vacation facts include:
- People who take vacation are more productive at work?
- Seriously–it’s true.
- Taking vacation also helps prevent job stress and burnout.
- Going on vacation makes people a little happier–and remembering their vacation keeps that happiness going.
- If a vacation goes well, it will make you happier than a material purchase will.
- A vacation is a good example of renewal between stressors, which leads to growth.
For all of these reasons–plus my love of traveling–I just can’t understand all the Americans who don’t use their vacation days. I consider it my duty as a psychologist and an employee to use mine well. I hope you will too!