I ran the 2015 Boston Marathon in support of the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute as part of the Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge team. This page contains my updates from marathon training and fundraising. Running the Boston Marathon was one of the most incredible experiences of my life. I am so grateful for the donations, cheers, and support from so many people that allowed me to do this. I am lucky to have so many wonderful people in my life.
Many of my family members have been touched by cancer, and several of them received wonderful care from Dana-Farber. Even those who were helped elsewhere benefited from the research advances made by scientists at Dana-Farber. Thank you to everyone who gave. Your tax-deductible donation (and any employer matches you secured) supports a world-class institution whose work is truly helping people who need it–people like my family members and yours.
Training and Fundraising Updates:
- It’s Marathon Monday!
- $5.4 Million Dollars Closer to a World Without Cancer
- So You Want to Run the Boston Marathon for Charity?
- Boston Marathon: After the Finish
- Boston Marathon Training Week 18: The Big Day is Here
- Boston Marathon Week 17: It’s Showtime!
- Boston Marathon Week 16: Sweet, Sweet Week 16
- Boston Marathon Week 15: Our Long National Nightmare is Over
- Boston Marathon Training Week 14: It’s Getting Real
- Boston Marathon Training Week 13: Superstition
About My Running
I began running in the fall of 2009 after poorly managing my time one day and not getting to the gym on time for a workout. I decided that I should go for a run, and was shocked at how terrible I was at it. I was so terrible that it made me mad. So I stuck with it and signed up for my first race (4 miles). The following spring I ran my first 10k, and I finished my first half marathon in fall of 2011. In March 2014, I finally took the plunge and finished the LA Marathon. With my finish at the 2015 Boston Marathon, I’ve now run 26.2 miles on each coast of the United States and twice trained through brutal winters to get there.