Amy Bucher elsewhere on the web
Amy’s past presentations and interviews
- Amy in the 2019 PharmaVoice 100 issue
- Three lame excuses why we can’t run, from MapMyRun Blog by Ashley Lauretta
- Interview on The Health Design Podcast with Dr. Moyez Jiwa:
- Taking a human-centered approach to vaccination, from Becker’s Hospital Review.
- Insights on why adults are invested in teen drama television from InStyle.com
- Blog for Emmi Solutions during Health Literacy Month 2017 on the role technology literacy plays in accessing health information.
- Recap of the Habit Summit by Smashing Ideas
- Audio recording of SXSW 2017 talk “Moral Issues in Designing for Behavior Change.”
- Interview with Medgadget about design, psychology, and digital health engagement
- Interview on the Everydata Blog with John H. Johnson, Ph.D.
- Amy on streaking (chaining together fitness behaviors to create a lasting habit) on Shape.com
- EBSCO’s Kate Lawrence interviews Amy about motivational design
- Columns on Wired’s Innovation Insights (since discontinued)
- Amy’s webinar co-presented with Raphaela O’Day, Ph.D., on The Triple Aim’s Missing Link: Meaningful Engagement for Patients with Chronic Conditions (registration free but required)
- Amy’s slides for UXPA Boston 2014
- Amy’s slides for UXFest at Fresh Tilled Soil, Watertown, MA, October 2013
- Interviews with Amy on the Intelligent.ly blog about motivational design
- Amy presents Motivate Your User at Intelligent.ly in Boston, MA, 2013
- Amy and Rich Bedrosian, Ph.D. co-present on The Future of Corporate Health and Happiness at the Future of Health Technology Institute
Motivational Design Resources
- Self-Determination Theory
- Stanford Persuasive Technology Lab, headed by BJ Fogg
- Ludodemia, by the Digital Games Research Association (DIGRA)
Behavior Change Resources
- The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
- Happiness by Sonja Lyubomirsky, Ph.D.
- The Power of Habit (blog and resources) by Charles Duhigg
- Designing for People by Don Norman
- Where Science and Compassion Meet by Kelly McGonigal, Ph.D.
- Jeff Sauro’s 28 Resources for Getting Started in UX
Career Resources for PhDs and Social Scientists