- Applied behavior science, behavioral design, behavior change design, motivational psychology, behavioral psychology: All terms that have been used to describe the type of work I do.
- I have a PhD in Organizational Psychology from the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, and an AB from Harvard University in Psychology with a Certificate in Spanish language.
- I am the author of Engaged: Designing for Behavior Change, published by Rosenfeld Media.
- My research interests include motivational design and self-determination theory, social relationships/connections and their effect on well-being and performance, happiness and resilience, and health behaviors such as medication adherence and physical fitness.
- Everything on this site represents me as an individual. My opinions are not necessarily the opinions of my employer or anyone else. Mistakes are my own.
Lirio, Knoxville, TN & Franklin, TN
Vice President of Behavioral Design (5/2021 – present)
Mad*Pow, Boston, MA
Vice President of Behavior Change Design (1/2020 – 5/2021)
Behavior Change Design Director (4/2016 – 1/2020)
CVS Health, Boston, MA
Senior Manager, Specialty Digital Strategy (5/2015 – 4/2016)
Wellness & Prevention, Inc. (A Johnson & Johnson Company), Ann Arbor, MI; later renamed Johnson & Johnson Health and Wellness Solutions, New Brunswick, NJ
Associate Director, Behavioral Science (1/2011 – 4/2015)
Manager, Specialty Solutions Tailored Media Group (5/2008 – 1/2011)
Big Communications, LLC, Ferndale, MI
Research Manager, Innovation Team (8/2006 – 5/2008)
Haworth, Inc., Holland, MI
Freelance Consultant to the Ideation Group (4/2006 – 9/2006)
University of Michigan Department of Psychology, Ann Arbor, MI
Graduate Student Instructor (GSI) and Graduate Research Assistant (9/2002 – 4/2006)
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
Ph.D. (2006) and M.A. (2003), Psychology (Organizational)
Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
A.B. (2001), Psychology, magna cum laude; Foreign Language Certification in Spanish
Volunteer and Community Organizations
- Friends of the Charlestown Public Library, Board Member, 2020 – present
- FriendshipWorks, Board Member, 2020 – present
- Junior League of Boston, 2011 – present; VP of Communications, 2018 – 2019, Active Associate 2019-2020
- Lean Start Up Challenge, Fall 2012: Mentor
- Rock Health Boston, Summer 2012: Mentor
- Learning Ally (digitally record textbooks for visually impaired learners) 2011 – 2014