- I am the Chief Behavioral Officer at Lirio, where I work alongside talented behavior scientists, health experts, engineers, and AI and data scientists to build Precision Nudging™ tools that help people overcome barriers to good health.
- I am the author of Engaged: Designing for Behavior Change, published by Rosenfeld Media.
- My research interests include designing with the self-determination theory of motivation, using technology to effectively personalize and scale behavioral interventions, social relationships/connections and their effect on well-being and performance, happiness and resilience, and health behaviors such as medication adherence and physical fitness. My ultimate goal is to apply the learnings of psychology to the realm of health and wellness so that people feel empowered and equipped to live their best lives. No big deal.
- Everything on this site represents me as an individual. My opinions are not necessarily the opinions of my employer or anyone else. Mistakes are my own.
Lirio, Knoxville, TN & Franklin, TN
Chief Behavioral Officer (1/2022 – present)
Vice President of Behavioral Design (5/2021 – 1/2022)
Mad*Pow, Boston, MA
Vice President of Behavior Change Design (1/2020 – 5/2021)
Behavior Change Design Director (4/2016 – 1/2020)
CVS Health, Boston, MA
Senior Manager, Specialty Digital Strategy (5/2015 – 4/2016)
Wellness & Prevention, Inc. (A Johnson & Johnson Company), Ann Arbor, MI; later renamed Johnson & Johnson Health and Wellness Solutions, New Brunswick, NJ
Associate Director, Behavioral Science (1/2011 – 4/2015)
Manager, Specialty Solutions Tailored Media Group (5/2008 – 1/2011)
Big Communications, LLC, Ferndale, MI
Research Manager, Innovation Team (8/2006 – 5/2008)
Freelance Behavioral Consultant, Various (2006- 2021)
University of Michigan Department of Psychology, Ann Arbor, MI
Graduate Student Instructor (GSI) and Graduate Research Assistant (9/2002 – 4/2006)
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
Ph.D. (2006) and M.A. (2003), Psychology (Organizational)
Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
A.B. (2001), Psychology, magna cum laude; Foreign Language Certification in Spanish
Volunteer and Community Organizations
- Friends of the Charlestown Public Library, Board Member, 2020 – present
- FriendshipWorks, Board Member, 2020 – 2021
- Junior League of Boston, 2011 – 2020; VP of Communications, 2018 – 2019
- Lean Start Up Challenge, Fall 2012: Mentor
- Rock Health Boston, Summer 2012: Mentor
- Learning Ally (digitally record textbooks for visually impaired learners) 2011 – 2014